Facts and figures are important to know because they tell you what you should be doing to get desired results.
Blogging is not an easy thing to do if you are thinking of earning out of it. Making a blog and posting an article will not help you earn money in real time. You need to be practical and analyze your market and make appropriate decisions to play safe and healthy.
How can we earn through blogging?
People have started using it as a source of extra income and some have taken up this platform to be full time, professional bloggers. Today, it is used widely by businesses as part of their marketing strategy. It is good to know the people around your blog and explore your community to get the facts straight.
Now Question is how can you do that?
Learn about your reader’s psychology. When do they work and when do they read. What do they look for on internet most of the time? When are they active? And many other things that you need to know.
Need to collect some facts and figures that are affecting your blogging success. Now try every possible combinations and analyze which combination was most favorable and promising in getting target audience.
We are sharing some of the facts that our team has collected from various sources and they are honest facts stats collected as per year 2014.
Let’s take a look at the numbers and facts you need to know to put your blog into the right perspective!
Did you know:-How the term, ‘blog’ was coined? It is a contraction of two words – web and log. The term was first used and made popular by Jorn Barger, an American blogger.
1. Blogs keep growing – in volume & value.
Did you know:-6.7 million People blog on blogging sites and 12 million people blog via social networks.
The global population of blog readers keeps growing.
There are 31% more bloggers today than there were three years ago.
2. Most people read blogs more than once/day. And out of that 90% people read 5-10 blogs. 23 % of Internet time is spent on blogs and social networks
Did you know:- There are more than 1.52 billion blogs on the internet and WordPress.com alone has over 60 million of them. Every half a second, a new blog is created.
3. Nearly 40% of US companies use blogs for marketing purposes. 2/3 of marketers say their company blog is “critical” or “important” to their business.
4. It has been observed that “Blogging is really effective in persuasion”. Blog articles and post can influence purchases and many other sales related factors. While positive reviews from some known blogger can increase the sales, negative blogging article can have negative effect on the sales collection. Companies that blog have 55% more website visitors. Almost half of the companies in the US use blogs for the purpose of advertising and promoting their product/services.
Tip:-So this lands up on the idea that if you are looking for making money from your blog, reach out to the US companies directly rather than sharing profits with mediators.
Did you know:-More than 60% of blogs are in English.
5. Bloggers are “morning people.” Morning is the most popular time to read blogs. Blog reading peaks around 10AM.
Link-sharing among blog readers peaks around 7am.
Commenting on blogs peaks around 8am. So time interval between 7am to 10am is really crucial for bloggers. Taking advantage of which you can actually schedule all your post updates and publishing early morning.
THE BOTTOM LINE: Blog early & often.
Check out some more interesting facts about blogging:
6. Bloggers between the ages of 21 and 35 dominate blogging, totaling more than 53%. The minimum age is decreasing more rapidly, which means that sooner this bucket size would be 18-36. So your major target audience are youngsters.
Did you know:-Professional bloggers have 4 blogs, on an average. Only about 27 percent of bloggers are full time into it.
7. Two most popular blogging platforms are Blogspot and WordPress. WordPress is more popular than the latter although blogspot was the first platform on internet for bloggers. The popularity of wordpress can be estimated from the figures that more than 40 percent of bloggers use WordPress.
Did you know:–only 20% of blogs are updated daily and there are only 40% active blogs on Internet. So if you are reading this and working on an active blog, then is huge possibility that after 5 years you will be very popular on Internet with your blog.
8. Stats says that blogging less than 4 to 6 times a month is less beneficial than posting at least 15-20 times a month. The more active blogs are able to get more audience and readers daily. This means that bloggers, blogging 20 times a month will earn 2 times more traffic than the others.
Did you know:–Bloggers use social media to promote their blogs. A blogger on an average uses 5 social media sites.
9. Blog posts that were shared on Twitter and Facebook got 149% more inbound links than those not shared on social media at all. Also you would be happy to know that Images in articles tend to boost the number of views by 94%.
Do you know:–Blogs are the most valuable type of content, according to more than ⅓rd of today’s marketers.
10. “Useful, Important, Critical, Free, discounted, best, top” These are all terms used by approximately 80% of companies in reference to their blogs. Email marketers have shown blogging to be the most significant explanation for increased email traffic, given those who blog see two times as much email traffic as those who do not.
Did you know:–Statistics found out, 1 in 5 bloggers updates their blog daily and 15% of Bloggers spend more than 10 hours each week with their blog. How much time do you put into your blog?
Stats and figures collected from various sources like HubSpot, blog.ifabbo, convertwithcontent, insideview, Alexa, Moz, trafficdata, sysomos, contentplus,blogging.org etc.
Keep blogging and Keep Learning
We have talked about every points and facts in short and keeping it to the point so that you have the clear idea of how to use this information in your favor.
I hope we shared some valuable information with you that has updated you with some more blogging knowledge and information.
Share your views and ask us questions if you have any.
Any comments from your side ?
- Benefits and Advantages of using wordpress for every type of blogger - August 10, 2016
- Reasons why you should not do Blogging, find out your Reason. - August 8, 2016
- Smart way to Write Articles that become a hit, Making of a popular blog post - August 7, 2016