A city on the outskirts of Delhi and hence comes under the Category of NCR (Near capital region) is a home ground of many Indian IT firms. Many new start-ups are raised here and they achieve new heights every year. The major highway that links Gurgaon is National Highway 8, the road that runs from Delhi to Mumbai. The roads on the National Highway connecting Gurgaon with Delhi and other nearby cities are very well 6 lanes or 4 lanes laid at maximum stretch. Traffic is an issue but which city does not have that. The main point to note is that the city follows the traffic rules and on road safety measures. With good Connectivity over metro and city bus you won’t face any issue in moving within or outside the city boundaries. Gurgaon is served by Indra Gandhi International Airport, though the airport is just outside the city limits and located within the jurisdiction of Delhi near National Highway 8. The airport is one of the busiest airports in India and provides domestic and international air connectivity.
According to a survey conducted by a business, Gurgaon is considered the best city in India to work and live in.
Let’s Connect with Gurgaon in more detail and with facts:-
Gurgaon has a continuing history since the times of Mahabharata. It was the village of guru dronacharya. Hence called guru-gramam ( guru’s village) which later in Prakrit called gurugaon and hence Gurgaon.
Gurgaon is a part of Haryana so you will find a Haryanvi touch her and there. Next to Gurgaon on the other side of the National Highway is building the New Gurgaon that is of up-most Design in terms of infrastructure and high tech housing.
Talking of Drive we can say that you can have a good ride here in your car since this city never sleeps and you can always find the roads being occupied with cars or buses.
In Simple words Gurgaon is a well connected, highly expensive and corporate house for big professionals. Witnessing rapid urbanization, Gurgaon has become a leading financial and industrial hub with the third highest per capita income in India. Today, Gurgaon is centre for more than 250 Fortune 500 companies. The city is madeofgreat deal of industry and firms for carrier oriented people.
Haryana’s 40% revenues come from Gurgaon alone and not only this, you will be surprised to know that Income per capita of Gurgaon is third highest in India.
Another short Fact:-Toll plaza near Delhi Gurgaon border was the third largest in the world till it was in operation.
Near to Gurgaon are many places that are worth taking a tour to. The most famous places that you can drive to over weekend gate ways are:-
- From thrilling go-karting rides and bowling alleys to ice skating rings and swirling water rides, here are the places you can always have some fun time with your friends and family. Ambience Mall near the Delhi, Gurgaon Toll is one of the biggest mall with many in house activities available here.
- KOD ( Kingdom of Dreams ) :- This entertainment park is most famous for hosting the grandest, larger-than-life Bollywood musical in the country. With On stage shows like Zangoora and Jhumroo are one of its kind acrobatic stage shows that will keep you up tight on your seat for 2 hours.
- 32nd Milestone :- Located in sector-15 Gurgaon, 32nd Milestone packs in everything that you can think of in one vast complex. The four-lane bowling alley and the multi-level go-karting tracks keep the kids and teens entertained for hours.
- Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary :- This is a small sanctuary that has a fresh water lake, and the rest of the area is surrounded by cultivated plains. The main “salt pan”, dries up in the summers but get back to its normal state after a heavy monsoon and attracts number of migratory birds.
- Surajkund :- The place is built near a lake surrounded by rocks. Horse and camel rides are of much interest for the children. The place is known for its handicraft and artisans from all over the country to display the talent. There are cultural programmes being performed by people from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.
- Neemrana Fort :- Neemrana fort is a quick jaunt from the city, and a great way to combine relaxation with a spot of adventure. When you’re not soaking by the pool or ambling through the stunning property, you can try the fox flying activity that will zip you through one end to the other over the steel rope floating in air between 2 ridges.
There are many more places that you can explore but these are a must visit if you are in Gurgaon.
Overall this city has more to give you in terms of man-made architecture, great buildings , huge sky hoardings and a luxurious lifestyle to live. The city metro service is quite good and you can travel most of the delhi and Gurgaon in AC metro with low cost budget. In Short it is a Smart City and a Well planned Industrial setup aligns with eco- friendly development.
Let us know your thoughts and views on this and please do share your opinion with us to let us know what you think of Gurgaon.
Latest posts by Anurag (see all)
- Off-road and On-road Tata Hexa Experience for the car lovers - December 29, 2016
- Friends who define the true equation of Friendship - October 7, 2016
- Freecharge, the Best Digital Wallet in the Digital Ecosystem - September 28, 2016